Sunday, July 10, 2011

Dejé mi corazón en Segovia...y lo reencontré allí ayer


Yesterday we visited the lovely and very quaint city of Segovia. The last time that I studied here, I called Segovia my home and I really wanted to show my students this jewel of a city. Everyone fell in love with its charm and gorgeous architecture, from the Aqueduct, to the Cathedral to the beautiful Castle and all the lovely houses, restaurants and shops in between. We walked through the streets, dined at an outdoor café and the students reported that this is exactly what they had pictured when they imagined Spain. I feel so blessed to have this opportunity to share a piece of myself and this country and culture that I love so much with my students. We had an unforgettable experience there, falling under the spell of the charming city, and I'm know we all dream of returning to this incredible place one day soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment